Sunday 15 December 2013

A new Trailstar


A couple of weeks ago I received my new Mountain Laurel Designs Trailstar. 

I was surprised to receive it so quickly, having ordered it on 19th November. With the MLD website suggesting order times on 8-10 weeks I was stunned to receive it so soon.

I made my choice of fabric silnylon rather than Cuben, based on a few blog reviews which suggested that Cuben fabric could be tricky to pitch.

I eagerly await the arrival of an Oookstar nest for my Trailstar.

So far my pitches of the Trailstar have not been in anger, but rather in more benign situations in local fields, whilst I get to grips with pitching. I cannot wait for this to change and to have an opportunity to pitch my Trailstar for real on the hills. I will attempt to post links to other blogs offering good, sound pitching advice as well as suggestions on guy line setup in coming days..

In the meantime I will merely post a few iPhone images of my new mountain-home-to-be. 

As a photographer I hope to add a few images to the library of a few excellent Trailstar images our there on the Internet. So stay tuned and check back here to learn of my adventures as my dreams unfold with my Trailstar. .

No comments:

Post a Comment